Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Changed My Life Forever-Not Overeating Was Just an Added Blessing!

Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me, for I am desolate and afflicted. Psalm 25:16

I was eating lunch with a friend this last weekend. I was telling her about something that happened years ago and told her it was during the time that Christ had all these personal insights for me. I explained that I had been a Christian since Primary Grades, but something was different during this time. Being the inquisitive person that I am, I decided to try to figure out why it was that Christ gave me so many personal revelations during that time period, many of which changed my life forever!

So, I prayerfully contemplated this, I tried to remember more about this period of time. First, I tried to realize if it was during that period of time when I started reading the Bible from cover to cover. That was it! All the other insights that God gave me were during that same period: like how food had become a false god in my life. I never connected before that those really profound insights Jesus gave me were after I had started reading the Bible from cover to cover!

When I first did it, I was trying to find something that was often misquoted from the Bible: god helps him who helps himself, but it's really not in the Bible at all. Actually, I found out it was a moral from an Aesop's Fable. Really, the things I've read in the Bible tell how God wants us to turn to Him in all things, not try to take care of it ourselves, first.

Through this regained awareness of all the wonderful personal insights Christ has provided since that time, all I can say is it most definitely pays to read the Bible from cover to cover! Jesus Healing me of overeating while I read the Bible from cover to cover was just an added blessing! I enjoyed it so much, I continued to read the Bible from cover to cover over and over again and God willing, I hope to never stop!

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: