Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Needing a Renewed Focus

Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. Psalm 25:18

Ever since I had the realization, last weekend, that Christ brought about special insight that set the foundation for my weight loss around the same time that I started reading the Bible from cover to cover, I have been in total awe! I knew these things, but as the years have gone by, I've found that I've taken all of this for granted. 

In further evaluating this, I find that my faith is lacking, although I go through the motions, I'm not always mindful in my prayers. I quite often put my prayers on "Auto Pilot" as I call it, and ramble through them in a repetitive fashion. 

Additionally, I've noticed recently that my sleeves are getting tight, which means not only has my relationship with Christ gotten sloppy, but my eating, as well. Of course, my relationship with Christ is the most significant and the most concerning! The rest means nothing without Jesus being my top priority! I need to stop and pray and ask God to forgive me and renew my focus in Him! Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. Psalm 25:18


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: