Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Don't Want to Slip Back to the Way Things Were

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Sometimes, I start slipping back into old eating patterns and start getting fearful, because I don't want to slip back to the way things were. What can I do? First of all, this verse is very helpful in keeping me focused. It says the Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?

Do I fear the food? Do I fear gaining the weight back? Do I fear having to go back to to 'fat clothes'? Do I fear losing the friends I have? Do I fear people ignoring me the way they did when I was overweight? In being truthful, I have to say that these things do cause me some fear, but they aren't what primarily causes me fear.

You might wonder what causes me the most fear and that's losing the extra close relationship I've developed with Christ while losing the weight. Jesus showed me so many things about myself during the weight loss process, but most of them weren't warm fuzzies! He showed me that food had become a false god in my life. I had been turning to food to console me when I was stressed, instead of turning to my Lord and Savior for consolation. I had let food work a wedge between my relationship with my family and friends. I didn't want to go places, because I was embarrassed to go out in my 'fat clothes', and many more things.

Although these don't necessarily sound positive, they really were! Christ showed me that He loved me enough to help me realize these weaknesses and how I let this vice control my life. Christ showed me that when I turned to Him instead of to food when I was stressed, my whole live was so much more pleasant. He showed me that my worth is not determined by my clothing size, my weight, or by how many friends I have. I feel so blessed to have a relationship with my Savior that is so personal to my needs and weaknesses! The good thing is, that He loves you just as much and would help you with the issues that are personal to you, if you just ask Him and are open to His answers! The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: