Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The One I End Up Offending is God-

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy [Bible], God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:19

Sometimes I try so hard not to offend others, that the one I end up offending is God. When I was writing Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, a friend kindly offered to edit the book for me. 

I really try hard to be politically correct and to be sensitive to the feelings of others. When I came to a highly debated passage of the Bible, I paraphrased it in a way that skewed the meaning God had, in order to be less offensive to some. My friend was a much better Christian than I, since she drew attention to this. I tried to explain, but she reminded me what the Bible really did say and mine was a watered down version of that, trying not to offend anyone.

As a teacher, I used to stress over dealing with parents who struggled with maintaining appropriate boundaries with their children. I would overeat due to the stress of what to say. I thought it was important for there to be positive change, but I didn't want to offend the parents in the process. Invaraibly, I would express my concerns in such a polite, soft-mannered way, that they didn't even realize the point I was trying to share. Eventually, I learned to be more prayerful before these meetings, to better meet the needs of my students.

Remembering the following passage, I re-evaluated my entry and changed it. I still had a difficult time being as direct as I possibly should have.  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy [Bible], God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:19

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: