Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What a Deal ...Until Your Pants Don't Fit-

Romans 7: 24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Somehow, fiances have always seemed to be tangled up in my overeating. It started when I was really young. I remember going to The Creamery when I was in third grade. They sold an ice cream cone for ten cents and an ice milk cone for five cents.

Most people would have been pleased with the savings and would have bought one ice milk cone for five cents. Not me. I have always had a "Get the most for your money" philosophy. It would not have been uncommon to see me as a third grader wandering around town eating two ice milk cones, because I was getting more food for the same price. What a deal...until your pants don't fit.

I think it's the same philosophy that leads to me to order a dinner with two pork chops verses one piece of grilled chicken breast. I still feel like I'm getting this wonderful bargain. The pork chops wouldn't be half bad if I had taken one of the pork chops home for another time, but not me. I want to "Get the most for my money!"

I still am the same person, who tends to let my finances get tangled up in my overeating, but one thing has changed. I realize that even though I have these earthly vices, I have a heavenly Father who loves me the way I am and wants me to be the best I can be in order to do His will. He shows me that He will heal my soul that craves excessive amounts of food. He shows me that these aren't what is necessary for me to feel whole, to feel capable, to feel loved. He will be with me if I slip, picking me back up again and helping me to refocus on Jesus and His saving grace.


Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


These are Blogs I Felt Led to Create:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: