Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I'm Not a Nobody!!!-

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

I was recently attending a meeting to plan an event. I was thinking about how nice it was that people listened to my ideas and treated me with respect, but it hasn't always been that way. I remember when I was at my heaviest, about 50+ pounds heavier than I am now.

I could be in a meeting planning events or talking with a group of others adults, but invariably they would ignore me and my comments. I came to the conclusion that some people treat heavy people as if they are a nobody-like their ideas have to be rubbish. I remember many a time trying to share my idea or perspective only to be cut short by others who would rather know the opinions or ideas of others in the group. The sad thing is that I came to think I was a nobody, as well.

My self-esteem was so low from being heavy for so many years, I felt those people were justified in treating me rudely. I felt worthless, so why would I expect more from anyone else. I didn't know then what I know now. God has shown me that I am a caring and very capable person whether I'm thin, have gained some weight back, or I'm at my heaviest. He teaches me that I am a somebody special, because I am a child of God!  And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. Acts 20:32

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: