Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Looking for Comfort in All the Wrong Places-

Haggai 1: Now therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways. Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. Thus saith the Lord of host; Consider your ways.

I thought that if I earned more money, I would be happy. If only I had all the things I wanted and thought I needed, I would be happy. If had more of this and more of that, I'd be happy, but it's never enough. No matter how much I have, it never seems to be enough to comfort me.

No matter how much food I eat to fill that empty whole inside of me, brought about by stress or feelings I haven't identified yet, I never feel comforted. I'm looking for comfort in worldly things, but God, alone can comfort me. He can give me that Peace Which Passes All Understanding, to get through all the stressful events in life. Fortunately, God reminds me to turn around my focus.
Haggai 1:7 Thus saith the Lord of host; Consider your ways.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: