Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Respect for Government Rulers-

1 Peter 2: 13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; 14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

Although we don't have a king in the United States, this Bible passage is still pertinent. I am typing this blog post a few weeks before the election. I realize that it will come out after the new presidential terms starts, whether the person I voted for wins or the opposing candidate.

I still think it's significant to write to you about, regardless. You may wonder why I would write about the election results in a blog about overeating. Well, the thing is, my overeating is related more to my feelings, than the things I have eaten. As I told you in an earlier blog post, I ate three fried egg sandwiches one time, and I'm not really that fond of fried egg sandwiches.

I remember a time when the person I wanted to be the next president didn't win. I left the room in tears while co-workers were watching the results on the TV after the students had gone home. If it can affect me emotionally that my candidate didn't win, it can affect my food program.

I have since found this passage in the Bible:1 Peter 2: 13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; 14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.  It makes me rethink my actions and the effects they have on my emotions.

God isn't saying here, submit yourself to every ordinance of the candidate you wanted, but talk badly about all those who aren't. Trying to be in control of every aspect of my life, this isn't necessarily an easy one for me. When I find myself having political negative feelings whether federal, state, or local, I have to turn those over to God and ask for the willingness for Him to heal me.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.





Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: