Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Eating Over the Election

The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring Thou me out of my distresses. Psalm 25:17

This presidential race has been very contentious, to say the least. I am very concerned about the effect that one of the candidates might have on our nation, and especially the effect on the youth of our country for generations to come. I've found that through the presidential race, I've eaten more than I usually do and it's been harder for me to turn my eating over into Christ's very capable hands. 

I've also found that I'm drawn to the television to see what horrendous thing this candidate has said, tweeted or done, but when I find out, it just upsets me more. It's almost become a compulsion to try to see some news commentary of what's happened. It reminds me of how I responded to the events of 9-11. I was so upset that all these terrible things were happening to our country and I was oblivious to them, just complacent in my home. It made me concerned that lots more devastating things could be going on without my realizing it, so I kept checking the TV for updates.

Well, that's kind of how I feel during this Presidential Campaign. I realize there are people who feel the complete opposite, and they are entitled. That's what makes America great! We can each form our own opinions and vote for the person we feel will make the best choices on behalf of our country. Anyway, I kept flipping on the TV to see what I may have missed and felt frustrated if I couldn't find any political updates, at that time. At a point, I realized that I was being just as compulsive about updates about this candidate as I was with overeating. I figured that if Christ could take away my compulsive overeating, He could surely take away my compulsion to watch political updates about this candidate. So, I prayed and asked God to heal that and you know what? He did! I'm not feeling so anxious when I don't hear a political update. I'm not feeling so drawn to the TV out of fear of what this candidate might do to our country. God's given me The Peace Which Passes All Understanding and I trust He will get me through this Presidential Election and heal my compulsive eating and trying to get political updates. He doesn't want me to live in fear! The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring Thou me out of my distresses. Psalm 25:17

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: