Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Making Fun of Others

Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them. Proverbs 22:22-23

It crosses my mind sometimes about how people who are or once were heavy, find it easy to make fun of someone who is heavier than they are. In much the same way, I hear many who have no tolerance with the poor, because they feel it's their plight for making poor choices in their lives. The thing is, the odds are that many of these people may have experienced the same situations at some point in their lives. Why do we find it so easy to be Two-Faced Christians?

Why is it easy for someone who isn't good at sports to find someone who is even worse to make fun of? Is it just human nature to make fun of others, especially in areas where we feel insecure? I don't really know for sure, but it is a very common thing. When I read this passage, it lets me know it's not what Christ wants from us. He wants us to be more tolerant and supportive of those down and out.

Do I always do this? I truly wish I could tell you that I do, but I wouldn't be truthful if I did. There have been times, I've been with a group of people where someone's made a negative remark about someone heavy, or someone poor, or someone down and out, and I haven't spoken up on their behalf. I really should have taken more of stand to stick up for them and I regret that. Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them. Proverbs 22:22-23



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: