Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Why Are We Always Trying to Find an Easier Way?

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I AM the LORD, and there is none else.  Isaiah 41:6

I don't know why we are always trying to find an easier way. God showed me a food program that's worked well for me for over 30 years, but am I satisfied. Nope! There's a part of me that looks through the magazines that promise to let you eat anything your heart desires and still loose weight.

Why do I fall prey to these? I think it's because I want my cake and to eat it, too. I mean literally! I'm always looking for an easier way to have it all, when I should be satisfied with the miracle my Lord has allowed to happen in my body and eating all these years. He has shown me that when I turn to Him in times of stress, boredom, and temptation, He will always get me through, if I let Him.

Well, I think that we, Want Our Cake and Eat it Too Christians, do the same thing with our faith. Sometimes, even though we know how Christ has changed our lives for the better, we are looking for ways to lead a worldly life, but still maintain what Christ has given us. I'm not sure that it's good for us to even try to straddle the post on this one. It's too easy to lose our salvation in the process! That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I AM the LORD, and there is none else.  Isaiah 41:6



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: