Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Afraid of What Others Think than What God Thinks, Oh My!

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25

When I read this, I realize that I am often more afraid of what others think than what God thinks. Oh my! I hate to say this, but I have worried more about what others thought of me being overweight than what God thought of me turning to food instead of to Him in times of stress, etc.

I hate to say this, but I have worried more about what others thought of me sharing my faith than sharing what God thinks I should. Why do I do these things? Why do I let the fear of what other people thinks control my actions? I wish I knew the answer or maybe I already do. It's that I want to be liked by others and included, so I avoid anything that might have the opposite outcome.

What does that say about my priorities? I feel like God is of utmost importance in my life. Without Him, my life is meaningless, but I don't live my daily life accordingly. I am a Shallow Christian  who tries to please others instead of trying to please my Lord and Savior. I want God's forgiveness and need His guidance in bringing me to be more aligned with His will for me. The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: