Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Quiet Time with God

He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. Proverbs 18: 13

There was a time before I started reading the Bible daily, where I thought I had to have all the answers. Over thirty years ago when I started reading the Bible from the beginning, many major changes happened in my life. One of those was that I found out what really was in the Bible and many things that weren't that I had heard misquoted from the Bible for years.

Another thing was that I had this sense of calm that has made a MAJOR difference in my life!!! It's to the point that I try not to allow anything to interfere with my "Quiet Time With God" each morning, when I say my prayers and read chapters in the Bible. There have been some times where I had been unable to read the Bible and would later end up questioning myself about why I was so edgy or intense about situations. My reading the Bible allows me to have inner peace that sets the tone for my day. I don't need Yoga or any Middle Eastern forms of meditation to calm me. My daily prayers and reading the Bible do that and then some.

Reading the Bible on a daily basis affects almost every aspect of my life. Not only am I calmer, but I don't worry as much, because I have read how the Good Lord has taken care of His followers, despite those who wanted to harm them. When I read the Bible daily, I no longer want to be a Tally Chart Christian, keeping a mental count of all of the things people have done to upset me, especially those who treated me poorly because of my weight, because the Good Lord forgives me on a daily basis, as well. He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. Proverbs 18: 13


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: