Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Caught Up in Wanting to Be Thin

Better is the poor that walketh in his uprighteness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6

I was thinking when I just read this that I could also say that Better is someone who is heavy, overweight, fat, plump or any other name you want to call it, than is s/he that is thin, but leads a worldly life away from God's will.

This gives me a whole new perspective. Sometimes, I have gotten caught up wanting to be thin and to be a part of that elusive group of people that I don't belong to. It's not any specific group, but it's part of that bigger perception of always being left out, not feeling included. Do I let that feeling pervade my life where I am willing to compromise my Christian ethics just to belong?

There's a time I might have. I'm hoping that I now find that doing God's will in my life is much more meaningful than giving up my salvation by being a Compromising Christian, caught up in chasing a worldly life style. Better is the poor that walketh in his uprighteness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: