Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, February 6, 2014

What Would I Get if I Won a Shopping Spree?

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  Matthew, Chapter 6:19-21.

This passage made me think of what I would select if I won a shopping spree in a super store. Would I fill my cart with all my favorite foods, since eating has been a major vice of mine over the years? Fortunately for me, God has taken the urge to eat unhealthy foods and large quantities of food from me. I’ve been very blessed.

Would I stop by and fill my cart with cosmetics to hide my wrinkles from the eyes of others? Fortunately for me, God loves me just the way I am, wrinkles and all. I have been very blessed!

Would I go fill my cart with trendy clothes, so others would be impressed by what I wear? Fortunately for me, God doesn’t care what I wear, as long as I am focused on Him as my Savior. I have been very blessed!

Would I run my cart up to the technology section and fill my cart with all the newest technology gadgets that everyone has been talking about? I would be the envy of many. Fortunately for me, I don’t need an iPhone, iPad, tablet, etc. to get in contact with Christ. I just have to pray and He hears me and provides for my family and my needs. I have been very blessed!

Although it isn’t trendy, would I consider going to the book section and filling my cart with Bibles for family members who might not have one? I have been truly blessed and I want them to know Christ as their Lord and Savior, as well. Sure they would rather have toys, technology gadgets, or clothes, but will those things lead them to salvation with Christ? I want them to be truly blessed with a close relationship with God, as well.  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  Matthew, Chapter 6:19-21.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Tracking Calories Allowed Trey to Lose Over 100 Pounds-Weight Loss Success Story
By: Trey Fowler, GPB, TheWeighWeWereTV, via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie


Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives