Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Would I Get if I Won a Shopping Spree?

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  Matthew, Chapter 6:19-21.

This passage made me think of what I would select if I won a shopping spree in a super store. Would I fill my cart with all my favorite foods, since eating has been a major vice of mine over the years? Fortunately for me, God has taken the urge to eat unhealthy foods and large quantities of food from me. I’ve been very blessed.

Would I stop by and fill my cart with cosmetics to hide my wrinkles from the eyes of others? Fortunately for me, God loves me just the way I am, wrinkles and all. I have been very blessed!

Would I go fill my cart with trendy clothes, so others would be impressed by what I wear? Fortunately for me, God doesn’t care what I wear, as long as I am focused on Him as my Savior. I have been very blessed!

Would I run my cart up to the technology section and fill my cart with all the newest technology gadgets that everyone has been talking about? I would be the envy of many. Fortunately for me, I don’t need an iPhone, iPad, tablet, etc. to get in contact with Christ. I just have to pray and He hears me and provides for my family and my needs. I have been very blessed!

Although it isn’t trendy, would I consider going to the book section and filling my cart with Bibles for family members who might not have one? I have been truly blessed and I want them to know Christ as their Lord and Savior, as well. Sure they would rather have toys, technology gadgets, or clothes, but will those things lead them to salvation with Christ? I want them to be truly blessed with a close relationship with God, as well.  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  Matthew, Chapter 6:19-21.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: