Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sometimes I Backslide and Think I’ve Lost My Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. John 14:6

Many times, I slide back into my old destructive eating patterns, thinking food will calm my aching soul. I find myself slip-sliding in the wrong direction, being impatient with my family and things out of my control.

In the midst of my despair, I panic and feel like I’ve lost my way. Will Christ let me back into the fold? He had blessed me with the loss of 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and has kept the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. Will Christ forgive me yet another time when I’ve turned to comfort from food rather than turning to Him in my distress?

Then, fortunately Christ reminds me Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. John 14:6… and He takes me back one more time and He will you, too, if you just ask Him.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: