Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If It Weren't for My Fat, I Might Have Been Led Astray

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25

If it weren't for my fat, I might have been led astray. Oh, really? Before, my focus was on food and the little comfort it gave me. I turned to food when I was sad, angry, happy, distressed, worried, lonely. You got it-I turned to food to comfort me.

I was turning to food, which meant I wasn't turning to God, although I said that I loved Him dearly. My actions didn’t reflect the love that I professed for Him. When I was focused on food instead of on God for my comfort, I was impatient with my family. I wasn't the role model I should have been for them. I complained a lot and blamed everything, for how badly I felt about myself.

Since Christ has shown me that I can turn my food, body, eating, control, and stress over into His very capable hands, I feel so relieved, like a huge boulder has been taken off of my shoulders. I am more patient with my family, and food and eating don’t have control over me anymore.

If I hadn’t been fat, I might have been oblivious to the miracles that God was doing in my life. It was when God took the desire for excess food and sweets away, I was able to see God’s hand in every aspect of my life, far beyond just losing the weight, although He took care of that, too.

I am just so thankful that when I start to slip back into old self-destructive eating patterns, Christ brings me back into the fold. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: