Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

If It Weren't for My Fat, I Might Have Been Led Astray

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25

If it weren't for my fat, I might have been led astray. Oh, really? Before, my focus was on food and the little comfort it gave me. I turned to food when I was sad, angry, happy, distressed, worried, lonely. You got it-I turned to food to comfort me.

I was turning to food, which meant I wasn't turning to God, although I said that I loved Him dearly. My actions didn’t reflect the love that I professed for Him. When I was focused on food instead of on God for my comfort, I was impatient with my family. I wasn't the role model I should have been for them. I complained a lot and blamed everything, for how badly I felt about myself.

Since Christ has shown me that I can turn my food, body, eating, control, and stress over into His very capable hands, I feel so relieved, like a huge boulder has been taken off of my shoulders. I am more patient with my family, and food and eating don’t have control over me anymore.

If I hadn’t been fat, I might have been oblivious to the miracles that God was doing in my life. It was when God took the desire for excess food and sweets away, I was able to see God’s hand in every aspect of my life, far beyond just losing the weight, although He took care of that, too.

I am just so thankful that when I start to slip back into old self-destructive eating patterns, Christ brings me back into the fold. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Managing Diet on Vacation-Nutrition Tips
by: Kia Sanford, geobeats, via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie




Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives