Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is My Stubbornness with My Husband Indicative of My Relationship with Christ?

Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

We had an ice storm last night and I didn’t want to go out, but my husband wanted to go out. I tried to let him know exactly how much I didn’t want to go out, but that I would only if he really wanted me to. Is that the same thing I’m doing with God?

I like to think my life is focused on my relationship with Christ, but I, all too often, tell Christ the same things I told my husband. God, I really don’t want to share my faith with this person. S/he probably won’t be open to hearing what I have to say anyway, but I will only if You really want me to.

Fortunately for me, Christ didn’t say, “Debbie wants me to take care of her food, body, eating, control issues, and stress. I don’t really want to do this, but only will if she really wants me to.” Christ didn’t put Himself and His needs first before everyone else. He willingly gave His life for us, but it doesn't look like I willingly do what He asks of me. I need to be more focused on the needs of Christ, my husband, and others in my family instead of being so self-focused and stubborn. Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: TV and Your Child's Weight
By: Dr. David Ludwig, Health News, via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie


Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives