Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Didn't Do Anything to Deserve These Blessings

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

I have been very blessed. God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and to keep the vast majority of it off during that time and I didn't do a thing. Actually, I basically gave up, because I had tried diet after diet most of my life to no avail.

I was just tired of trying these diets only to find myself gaining back the few pounds I had lost and then some. My sagging self-esteem just couldn't stand any more failures. I kind of decided that if I gave up on dieting, I couldn't be a failure anymore. It's interesting, because this is the first time I actually realized that's what I was doing.

Anyway, I told God that I give up and that if He wants me to be thin, then He'd have to take care of it, because I couldn't do it anymore. I actually, didn't expect this major blessing from God. I was just giving up and that's when He did it. I've pondered over the years and wondered why God has blessed me so. It's certainly not because of my piety. You can tell as you read of my very sinful nature in these blog posts. This blessing was from God alone, not by anything I did to deserve it.

If God can take away my compulsive overeating, sagging self-esteem, and focus on food, He can do it for you, as well. It doesn't matter if you ate more than you wanted for Christmas or plan to splurge tonight. In all honesty, I think the reason that God took away my compulsive overeating after I prayed that time, was that it was the first time I had ever totally given up my control and turned it totally over to God. When I gained the 27+ pounds back was when I started becoming sloppy with my relationship with God. I think these things are very significant. 1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: