Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Make Excuses for My Behavior to Christ...

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. John 14:6

This reminds me of a funny story. When my kids were young, in order to foster honesty, I told them if they told the truth, they would have either no consequence or a much lighter consequence. I remember hearing my young son in the back end of the house yelling, "Truth, Mommy, truth!" Kids at that age are quite literal and he thought that just by saying the word Truth was all it took to get him a lighter consequence.

Do I find myself saying, "Truth, Jesus, truth," for the many times I turn to things like food, the computer, or being busy, when I should stop and connect with God through prayer? Jesus isn't just telling me I'll a get a lesser consequence by saying Truth, but that He is the Truth! That's pretty significant when you think of it. It makes me mindful of all the times when I make excuses for my behavior to Christ, like little kids do when they are afraid of the consequence.

I am afraid of the consequence. I can't face the thought of an eternity without Christ. Although I try, it's difficult, because I still get caught up in turning to other things before Christ. All I can do is to pray for the willingness to turn to Christ. It isn't just that I am supposed to tell Jesus the truth, but that Jesus IS The Truth! Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. John 14:6

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Weight Loss Tips Video: Healthy Eating-Portion Control
by: sharpwebcenter on You Tube
I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie
Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling

Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, tips, miracles, recipes and prayers. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives