Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Make Excuses for My Behavior to Christ...

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. John 14:6

This reminds me of a funny story. When my kids were young, in order to foster honesty, I told them if they told the truth, they would have either no consequence or a much lighter consequence. I remember hearing my young son in the back end of the house yelling, "Truth, Mommy, truth!" Kids at that age are quite literal and he thought that just by saying the word Truth was all it took to get him a lighter consequence.

Do I find myself saying, "Truth, Jesus, truth," for the many times I turn to things like food, the computer, or being busy, when I should stop and connect with God through prayer? Jesus isn't just telling me I'll a get a lesser consequence by saying Truth, but that He is the Truth! That's pretty significant when you think of it. It makes me mindful of all the times when I make excuses for my behavior to Christ, like little kids do when they are afraid of the consequence.

I am afraid of the consequence. I can't face the thought of an eternity without Christ. Although I try, it's difficult, because I still get caught up in turning to other things before Christ. All I can do is to pray for the willingness to turn to Christ. It isn't just that I am supposed to tell Jesus the truth, but that Jesus IS The Truth! Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. John 14:6

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: