Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Friendships That Could Have Led Me Astray

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

I was trying to be prayerful about what God wanted me to share related to this passage. The thought that came to mind isn't one I've thought of for years and had preferred to forget. It's even more difficult to share with my readers. I know that God always knows the "Big Picture" and  what someone needs to read at any given time, so here goes...

I had moved to a new high school in a neighboring town. Shortly before the move, I had gone to a party with another friend (the one who later betrayed me in the post on 4/4/13). She introduced me to some friends of hers that went to the same high school I was going to go to after the move. I had been overeating because I was apprehensive about the move, but was comforted to have a couple of people I already knew there. They gave me their phone number to contact them once I made the move.

I was excited as I called them, thinking that it was wonderful to start with new friends in an unfamiliar school. They included me in everything. We met together as a group before school. We ate lunch together. We met after school. I had new friends, or so I thought.

They seemed very popular and had a lot of attention from boys. They always seemed to have boyfriends who would pick them up after school and take them places. I started noticing things about my new-found friends. Sometimes they would cuss, unlike people I had been associated with, in the past. I got the feeling that they drank and possibly used recreational drugs from things they said about parties that they attended. I got the feeling that they were a little "too friendly" with many different boys, although I didn't have any proof, but just put the pieces together from their conversations.

I found a church in our new town and got very involved in the youth group there and developed new friendships. Years later, I thought about some of the ways that God has positively influenced my life. I realized that as naive as I was, I could have gotten caught up in drinking, drugs, and promiscuous behaviors with boys, long before I was ready for more serious relationships. Fortunately for me, God gave me a way out of the friendships with those who could have led me astray. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: