Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God's Healing Touch on My Selfish Heart...

Matthew 28: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

My husband and I went with the youth group to another country on a mission project. We were sharing our faith in Jesus as we helped to build simple homes for those who had so little. Since I have a bad back, I focused on working with the kids while the others did the actual building.

When it was time to pack for our return home, someone suggested that we leave clothes for the poor. I went through my suitcase and picked out some things I didn't mind parting with, but I didn't feel right inside. I can't truly tell you if I overate, because that's often how I deal with things of this nature, but I know that I truly had an unsettling feeling in the core of my being.

When I turned this over to God, I found I had only been willing to share the clothing that didn't mean as much to me, stopping the Self-Righteous Christian in me, dead in my tracks! This time, I got a bigger stack of clothes to donate, but didn't put in a new nightgown that I had recently purchased. Again, I had that unsettling feeling in my soul. God was working on my heart. I wasn't being a good example of observing all things God had commanded of me.

Possessions had become too important to me. I was asked to share with those less fortunate. I did up to a point, but the point is, Jesus didn't just share His life with us up to a point. He gave His life for us. After God's healing touch on my selfish heart, I left all my clothing with them. Matthew 28: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: