Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Ravenous All the Time...

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun: for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5.

You don't realize how important light is until you don't have any. Several years ago, we had a freezing rain storm that put out the electricity for three days. We didn't have any lights, so I was off of school. I valued the little light I had as I sat by the sliding glass window to read my Bible each morning and the kerosene lamp by night.

We cooked in our fireplace, which seemed to be a big adventure, although it wrecked my pans. I was ravenous all the time. I think it's for fear that the food would spoil and we'd run out. Reading the Bible daily, calmed and reassured me that God was going to take care of me through this episode.

We won't need sliding glass doors or kerosene lamps in heaven,because Jesus is our Light and shows us the way to ever lasting life!  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun: for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: