Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being a Garbage Can So Things Don't Waste...

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I hate to waste things and find that I am frugal to a fault. I mentioned in one of the healthy tips that it's better to give away left over treats rather than ending up eating them so they don't waste-something I did for many years prior to turning my eating over to God. He's made it easier for me to do this.

Since I've gained some of my weight back, I'm finding that some of my old overeating weaknesses have surfaced and I have to realize them before I can turn them back over to God. I was supposed to prepare some pie bars to take to a function. The frugal person that I am, figured that if I added extra pumpkin and eggs, I could stretch the filling and make lots more pie bars for less.

Well, sometimes I'm better with adapting recipes, but this definitely wasn't the time. The pie bars were really thin, mainly because I had poured them into several different baking dishes trying to make more from the mixture. They tasted kind of foamy/rubbery, but really had little to no taste, except that they reminded me of a custard pie of sorts, because of all the eggs.

I kept cutting the pie bars in order to try to salvage some of them to take to the function. All along, I was tasting some of the pie bars to see if they were palatable to serve to others. At a point, I decided they really weren't worthy of serving, but continued to taste the pie bars, as if I were sampling them.

At a certain point, God brought me back to reality. I was having a difficult time throwing them away. Not as much because I don't like to waste, but more because I don't like to waste money. Instead, I was eating them while I was slicing them, somehow thinking in the back of my mind that they weren't really wasting if I ate them.

The thought that was in my mind, which is often how God works in my life, was that if I counted all the pie bar slices I had sampled, I had probably eaten the equivalent of five whole pieces of good tasting pumpkin pie. Additionally, He let me know that I don't have to be a garbage can so things don't waste, including money. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6: 10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: