Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Beat Down by Feelings of Failure...

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

I read this Bible verse today and really liked the message it had for me and, hopefully, for you, as well. I tried so many diets over the years, that I just didn't think I could stick to any diet or food plan. I felt beat down by failure. Sure, I had lost weight on some of the diets, but I usually gained it back and even more.

I carried that feeling of failure around with me and it had to have affected all my relationships with my family, my friends, and others. That's not who God wants me to be. He wants me (and you) to be a good example of how He works in our lives. If this is a constant feeling, I'm not letting God's light shine in me. So what does this tell me? If God doesn't want me to be acting like a failure which affects my relationships with others, He has shown me this, because He wants me to change. If He wants me to change, He knows I can't make these changes in and of myself, but He can!

When I turn these negative feelings over to God to heal and ask Him for the willingness to turn these over to Him, He always takes care of everything. It's amazing that every time I've turned things of this nature over to God, my whole life seems lighter, brighter, and much more happy. Does this take care of these issues for ever? Well, Satan likes to use things like negative self-esteem as a subtle wedge in our relationship with God. So, I need to continue to ask God to heal these negative feelings when they creep up. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: