Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Body of a Barbie Doll...

1 Timothy 6: 17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Yes, I bought into society's view that all you have to do to be popular was to have the body of a Barbie doll and to have lots of money. Since, I had neither, where did that leave me?

I felt like like I had to strive even harder to attain both of these. The funny thing is, before I turned all my food, eating, and control over to God, the harder I tried to be thin the heavier I became. As you notice, the sentence had the word I in it. I thought God would just watch and help as I tried diet after diet to have the ideal body, but that's not exactly what this blog post is about.

In similar manner, I tried to gain financial stability, which is a very elusive goal. It seems that the more I planned and schemed ways to earn more, the more the money seemed to slip through my fingers. I had trusted in riches and an ideal body and thought that these would positively change my life. I had been mistakenly focused on superficial ideals rather than focusing on God.

It wasn't until later, I realized, that all that I have is given me through God's grace. Sometimes, I have more and sometimes, I have less, but He always takes care of me. 1 Timothy 6: 17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: