Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Who Am I Trying to Please?

And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. and Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. Luke 5: 10

Believe it or not, I have been trying to please one person or another for most of my life. Now, do these people think I need to please them? Maybe yes and maybe no, but that's not what matters. What matters is that I felt worthless as a person for years unless I was hearing the verbal approval from someone else.

Now, you know how often that happens. Next to never, so that means I didn't feel very good about myself the majority of the time. I think that this coupled with being overweight a large portion of my life led me to feel worse and worse about myself, which isn't what God wants for us.

Jesus calls us all to be fishers of men for Him. If He's doing that, Jesus must feel we are pretty worthwhile people or else He wouldn't have asked us. I have to turn over my instinct to put myself down, my instinct to eat to sooth my aching heart, and my instinct to try to get the approval of others, because the only approval that matters is from my Lord and Savior. And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. and Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. Luke 5: 10

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: