Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Sarcastic Reply Isn't What God Wants of Me

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1

You wouldn't believe how many times I've been a Sarcastic Christian. Well-meaning people have come up to me over the years, especially when I was grossly overweight and say something they think is helpful like: "Your clothes would fit better if you'd only use a little will power!" Well.... something about their well-meaning comments pulled my strings, because I would find myself responding with some type of sarcastic reply.

I don't that I was trying to be hurtful, but more to draw light to the fact that their well-meaning comment was less than supportive and felt very judgmental. Was I being the Christian example that Christ wants me to be of His positive influence in my life? Hardly not!

I've had to be prayerful about this one, especially when well-meaning people share little tidbits of wisdom that they feel will enlighten your life. I need to be gracious in my response the way Christ would want me to and not be antagonistic through a sarcastic response. A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: