Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Which Law Do I Follow?

Romans 7: 24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

That's a good question? I explained in my last blog post that my air conditioner went out. Actually, the motor did. This may seem funny reading about posts related to air conditioners when this comes out, but I wrote these posts months earlier and scheduled them to come out on a later date.

Anyway, we have a home warranty that should have covered the new motor, but they didn't. We could tell that they probably wouldn't when we started getting the hem-haw when we told them that our air conditioner started shutting down.

We ended up getting our own company to handle it, at the suggestion of a few others. They are extremely efficient and are taking care of the matter. What more could I ask for? Early on when it looked like our home warranty company wasn't going to do the honorable thing, I prayed asking God to have me respond throughout this as a Christian, not ranting and raving about my rights, etc.

The new company told us that the home warranty company should have paid for the new motor without a doubt. He even called them to explain, but they didn't feel the same way about it. There's this part of me that still wants to rant and rave and threaten to sue, to contact agencies that expose companies that don't follow through, etc.

I've struggled with this, felt like eating nuts, but decided to go to bed early and ended up writing these posts. I needed to allow God to work through these things with me while I process them. A few minutes ago, I was hopping mad. Fortunately, God is here by my side to show me the Christian He wants me to be even though I feel vindicated in my anger. With that, I need to forgive the people who make the decisions in this company. Not all home warranty companies do this. Actually, this company has been excellent up to this situation. Anyway, I need to let go of the anger, so that I can be the Christian that God wants me to be. Romans 7: 24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: