Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Dream that Caused Me to Wake Up Sobbing…

And they shall mock Him [Jesus], and shall scourge Him, and shall spit upon Him, and shall kill Him: and the third day He shall rise again. Mark 10:34

I was dreaming this really elaborate dream about a preteen neighbor girl we went to see practicing for a play. She was very overweight and they had her hold an inflated pool recliner, so that when she walked through the two by four planks that gave the impression of a doorway, she would bonk into the doorway, because she couldn’t get through. They had given her this part, so the audience would laugh at her when she couldn’t get through the doorway.

I cried when I dreamed it. I cried when I woke up right after dreaming it and I’m crying now. I ache for the overweight preteen that everyone is laughing at. I feel terrible for her having to go through all of this. I feel for how it may affect her self-esteem and self-perception. I feel for this girl, so much and want to protect her from the pain and insensitivities of society, but I can’t. All I can do is to continue to be prayerful, hoping these blog posts reach people and help them to better connect with Christ, so that He can heal their overeating the way He has done for me.

As I prayerfully contemplated this dream when I first woke up, I realized that I may have been crying because that overweight preteen girl reminded me of how I felt when others snickered when I went by or suggested diet treats or no treats when snacks were passed around, etc. All I know is this dream affected me profoundly.
As I continued to contemplate my response to this dream, thinking of how they set this young girl up to be laughed at and mocked, it led me to this Bible passage.  And they shall mock Him [Jesus], and shall scourge Him, and shall spit upon Him, and shall kill Him: and the third day He shall rise again. Mark 10:34

The thing that is most significant about this verse is that Jesus is saying this to His disciples, so that they would know what is to befall Him. He knew they were going to mock Him and treat Him terribly, but He still gave His life for us. And they clothed Him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about His head, And began to salute Him, Hail, King of the Jews! And they smote Him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon Him, and bowing their knees worshipped Him. And when they had mocked Him, they took off the purple from Him, and put His own clothes on Him, and led Him out to crucify him. Mark 15: 17-20 Jesus knew all of this was going to happen in advance and still went through all of this to provide salvation for all of us when He arose from the grave!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: