Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When I See the Hanging Skin on My Arms, I Feel Truly Blessed…

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

Recently, I was standing in front of the mirror, something I don’t do too often. I noticed the hanging skin on my arms; it even flaps back and forth if I move them. Instead of feeling repulsed like I once did, I had the feeling of being truly blessed.

What was in my mind at that instant is: if my skin weren’t flapping around as I moved, then it means that they would be firm, because they were filled with excess fat. This realization caused me to do an immediate about face. I realized how blessed I truly am that God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and to keep the vast majority of it off. Was I wishing for God to put that weight back on, so that my arms didn’t have flappy skin? No way!

This made me realize that I sometimes take this gift from God for granted and don’t really appreciate that all the imperfections in my body, like droopy skin and other body parts, are really part of the blessing that I’ve received. It made me start viewing my body in a whole new light. I think it’s the first time, after 30+ years, that I started appreciating my body, flaws and all, because it is a gift from God. 1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: