Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

When I See the Hanging Skin on My Arms, I Feel Truly Blessed…

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

Recently, I was standing in front of the mirror, something I don’t do too often. I noticed the hanging skin on my arms; it even flaps back and forth if I move them. Instead of feeling repulsed like I once did, I had the feeling of being truly blessed.

What was in my mind at that instant is: if my skin weren’t flapping around as I moved, then it means that they would be firm, because they were filled with excess fat. This realization caused me to do an immediate about face. I realized how blessed I truly am that God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and to keep the vast majority of it off. Was I wishing for God to put that weight back on, so that my arms didn’t have flappy skin? No way!

This made me realize that I sometimes take this gift from God for granted and don’t really appreciate that all the imperfections in my body, like droopy skin and other body parts, are really part of the blessing that I’ve received. It made me start viewing my body in a whole new light. I think it’s the first time, after 30+ years, that I started appreciating my body, flaws and all, because it is a gift from God. 1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Healthy Eating Dips: What is a Healthy Diet?
by: Ken Babal  on expert village via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives