Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Pigging Out at Ponchos…

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

We took a family member to our favorite Mexican buffet. I ate a late breakfast and wasn’t hungry at lunch time, so I skipped it knowing that we were going to the buffet for dinner. I didn’t even feel hungry when I opened the doors to the restaurant. I started off with foods that were four to five times my allotted amount of breads/carbohydrates.

If that wasn’t bad enough, when they brought us sopapillas, I had this clever idea. I thought it might taste good with ice cream inside of it, which it did. It tasted so good, in fact, that I had another one of them and I’m really not supposed to eat ice cream, because I’m hypoglycemic.

I knew I shouldn’t eat these things, but did anyway and didn’t really want to do otherwise. Later, I tried to be prayerful about my actions. There is a common thread in this event and some others that I have posted about. I seem to be more tempted to eat foods that I normally abstain from if I’ve missed lunch. This is pretty significant, in that I seem to be fudging on my eating lately. What is even more significant is that generally when I’m being sloppy with my eating plan it indicates that I’ve become sloppy with my relationship with Christ, something I want to correct immediately! Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: