Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Remembering My Own Advice

Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses. Psalm 107:13

Yesterday, I wrote and scheduled the post about how I ate far more at a buffet, because I hadn’t eaten lunch, which tends to be a common theme when I’m tempted to overeat or to eat things I know aren’t good for me.

Again, I had eaten breakfast late and was just going to skip lunch, when it dawned on me. God hasn’t just led me to write these Christian Overeaters Past and Present blog posts only for everyone else, they are for me, as well. I should remember what God has recently shown me and remember my own advice.

As soon as this crossed my mind, I got some yogurt and blueberries, because I wasn’t very hungry, but knew there was pumpkin pie in the fridge that might call my name later on. The funny thing about this is that I don’t mind if others eat the pie. It doesn’t bother me in the least, because God’s taken that compulsion away from me. I DO MIND when no one is eating it and it’s something good that I’m going to have to throw away, which is what was happening to this pumpkin pie. My husband had gotten a good deal on a pie at the store, so everyone was eating it instead of the home made pumpkin pie that might go to waste. Fortunately for me, God had this cross my mind, because I was able to resist the pumpkin pie later when no one ate it. Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses. Psalm 107:13

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Successful Diet Tips
by: Pam Anderson of BH&G through The Better Show via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives