Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When I Look in the Mirror, I See a Gimme Gimme Christian

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man. Hebrews 2:9

Christ has given His life for me, but what do I do in return? Upon contemplation when I try to look at my actions clearly, as if looking in a mirror, I find that I am a Gimme Gimme Christian, more than I’d like to admit

I start my prayers asking God to take care of my food, body, eating and stress. Next I ask Him to take care of this and to take care of that. I ask Him to do this and to do that. I want His guidance with this and with that. I want Him to heal this and to heal that. I ask Him to heal this person and to heal that person. Finally, I ask God to take care of my prayer and my relationship with Him.

When being realistic about what I’ve been doing, I am saddened to think that I am putting all my worldly desires first, before I even address what is most important, my relationship with Christ. I can't describe how that makes me feel. He who gave of so much to free me of my sins, is the last on my prayer list.

This just won’t do. I wish I could tell you that I am consistently putting Christ first in my life. Unfortunately, it still is an afterthought more often than not, but there is some improvement. Fortunately for me, Christ is patient and helps move me to be the Christian He wants me to be. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man. Hebrews 2:9


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: