Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Walking the Higher Road…

2 Corinthians 4: 1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as e have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

I was recently in a public place where I crossed the path of someone who had previously been unkind to me, years ago. I could remember exactly what this person had done and how it caused me lots of stress. Did it cause me to want to eat over it? Not this time. Fortunately for me, God took care of my feelings and led me to walk the higher road.

It crossed my mind ever so briefly, to ignore that person for the rest of the time I was there, but God was there leading me on the better path. I noticed that she was going to be sitting all by herself, when God had the idea in my mind that I should ask her if she would like to come join us and she did.

Thinking of this episode later in amazement, I realized that God leads me in directions that I might not have gone, had He not intervened against my very human nature. Additionally, God gave me the thought that I need to focus on forgiving her for what she had done years ago. He doesn’t want me harboring negative feelings against anyone. It only eats at me and leads me to want to eat. 2 Corinthians 4: 1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as e have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: