Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Tossed the Piece of Pie Away. Yeah!!!

Ephesians 4: 14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, but the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

It may not seem like any big deal to you, but it is to me. I had a small slice of pie sitting on the cupboard for two days, but nobody ate it. I don’t mind if everyone eats all the treats and I get none. What I do mind is throwing away treats that no one has chosen to eat. It’s times like those, I’ve fallen prey to the compulsive overeating urges that used to control my life over 30 years ago, before God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds.

That small piece of pie was calling my name. I tried to talk someone into eating it to no avail. After the pie was made, they enjoyed several pieces of the pie, but didn’t desire any more pieces. There are a few times I started to weaken. I felt that I should take a little nibble of the pie, before I tossed it. Fortunately for me, God reminded me of how one nibble would lead to another until there would be nothing left to toss. He knows about my very human nature.

I turned the pie and my urges to nibble over to God’s very capable hands and tossed the piece of pie away. Yeah!!! This victory didn’t come from my willpower, it came from God’s taking that urge away from me and He can do it for you, too, if you ask Him.  Ephesians 4: 14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, but the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: