Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Don’t Follow Me, Follow Jesus…

The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow Me. John 1:43

I’ve been thinking of Followers of blogs and related things lately. When I read this today, it seemed especially timely. It made me do a lot of soul searching, since I post on four different blogs I felt led to create.

I could see that it would be easy for people to be Followers of those that are famous, like movie stars, but Jesus saith unto us, Follow Me. It could be easy for people to be Followers of those that are rich, but Jesus saith unto us, Follow Me. It could be easy for people to be Followers of those who have status and have climbed up the corporate ladder, but Jesus saith unto us, Follow Me. It  could be easy for people to follow those who have overcome vices like overeating, drinking, drugs, etc., but Jesus saith unto us, Follow Me.

So, where do I fit in all of this? That’s a really good question that I’ve been prayerfully asking God, since my blogs say that there are a certain number of Followers on it. I feel the answer I’ve gotten relates to whether I’m leading others to Christ, so they can Follow Him, not me.  I think it depends whether I am showing how God in His infinite mercy has healed and continues to heal my vices, so that others Follow Jesus, and not me. Be prayerful about this and make sure that your focus is not on the rich, famous, successful, and those who have overcome their vices, but is on the Lord who will heal you from your vices and will provide for your needs, if you turn to Him. The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow Me. John 1:43

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: