Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Could a Bag of Chips Really be a False god?

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17

There was a time when I didn’t know how food undermined my relationship with my family, my self-esteem, and my relationship with Christ. Now that I know, there are still times where I am tempted and find myself backsliding into the pits of food obsessions.

God went to great lengths to take my compulsive overeating away, allowing me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and to keep the majority. During that time, Christ showed me many times that I had let food become too important in my life. When food was that important, it meant that Christ wasn’t, because at that point, it had become a false god to me.

Could a bag of chips really be a false god? It does when I let the desire for eating something crunchy consume me. I have this play on words in my head-my kind of humor. Was it that the desire for the chips was consuming me or that I was consuming the bag of chips?

Regardless, anytime anything has that control on our lives, pushing a wedge in our relationship with Christ, it becomes a sin, especially when you know it in advance. As I said earlier, there was a time I didn’t know that food had this effect on me, but then there was a time that I was aware of it. It’s when I know this and still choose to do it despite this knowledge, it’s a problem.

I don’t want to revert back to letting food be a false god in my life. I want to have my focus on Christ to heal me from my destructive tendencies, which He can if I let Him. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Healthy Snacks & Weight Loss: Scott Herman & Sarah Fit
by: Lionsgate BeFit 

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son