Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Should I Pray to God Asking Him to Help Me?

Ephesians 2: 7 That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I have been very blessed that Christ has allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and to keep the majority of it off. For years, I had been praying to God to help me lose the excess weight. At times I wonder why Christ had me lose the weight then.

At a point, Christ answered this question I kept pondering. All those years I was asking God to help me. It wasn't until I prayed, telling God that I gave up on trying to lose weight, and if He ever wanted me to be thin, He’d have to take care of it, because I couldn't!

Well, that was the key to the whole dilemma. At that point, when I gave up, I totally asked God to take care of my weight. I had never realized how significant this was. I can do nothing in and of myself. I used to get a big head thinking that if I only tried hard enough, I would lose the weight. I would lose a little and gain a lot back, but it never stayed off for any time.

It is my faith in Christ, not my faith in my ability to accomplish things that makes a difference. It isn't always easy remembering to ask for God to take care of things in whatever way is His will. I often revert back to asking God to help me with things. Fortunately, God brings this back to mind, so that I refocus on who I want to be in charge in my life. Ephesians 2: 7 That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: