Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Do I Show Charity to Others?

1 Peter 4: 7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

This has a whole different meaning for those of us who are compulsive about are eating, our weight, or our bodies. When we are or have been immersed in a vice that has consumed us, it should make us more sensitive to those in the world who suffer with other vices.

There was a time that I felt justified thinking, “At least I don’t _____ like they do. My eating doesn’t hurt anyone beside me.” Actually, that wasn't true. The person I became when I was compulsively eating affected my children, so it did hurt others. They saw me when my self-esteem sagged and had to put up with me when I was cranky because I wasn't happy with myself or anything else.

Fortunately for me, Christ took away my compulsive overeating. He bolstered my self-esteem, and reminds me that He is there for me when I get cranky. I’ve been truly blessed, but do I show charity to others? Am I patient and supportive of those who have vices whether they are similar or different from mine? Am I being the example of Christ’s unconditional love and acceptance to others?

Christ loved me even when I couldn't love myself. Am I doing the same for others? 1 Peter 4: 7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Control & Motivation Weight Loss 2014 (My Story)
By: Miss Gogetta via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son