Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Turned It Around for Good...

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Genesis 50:20

This passage is when Joseph was talking to his brothers after his father, Jacob/Israel, had died. They had been jealous of the coat of many colors his father made for Joseph and had sold him as a slave into Egypt. In addition to being taken away from his father and family, Joseph was wrongly accused of a crime and spent years in a prison.  Later, when his brothers are asking his forgiveness, he tells them that God turned all these terrible things around for good-to save the 12 tribes of Israel from famine.

There are things that have happened in my past that I have fretted over, shed tears over, and eaten over, but no more. God has shown me that He can take these negative things that happen to us to turn it around for His good. Maybe it's being there at the perfect time to lend support for someone else who has gone through something similar. Maybe it's to be an example to others of your faith and turning these issues over to God. Maybe it's to start a charity, to make a difference, to do whatever is God's will in your life!

I have found that if a certain negative event hadn't happened in my life, this totally other positive event wouldn't have ever been possible. The negative events, especially those we wished we had never had to experience, don't have to continue to cause us pain. We can turn that pain over to God rather than continuing to fret, cry, or eat over them. God can heal us and make us the person He wants us to be, doing His will in spite of the negative things that have happened to us.

Now, when I have negative things happen, it helps me remember that God can turn things around and bring good out of what has happened. This comforts me and heals my aching heart in the midst of despair. But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Genesis 50:20

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: