Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Applying What God is Teaching Me…

Unto thee it was shown that thou mightest know that the LORD He is God, there is none else beside Him. Deuteronomy 4:35

After the recent post, Don’t Follow Me, Follow Jesus, God has been tugging on my heart in several different ways. I hate to say this, but the first thing that crossed my mind is: if I post this, people might stop following my blog. If I share that, how am I supposed to share the things that God’s led me to post? What is in my mind is to encourage people to sign in to get the posts through their email, CSS, etc.

Next, after I wasn’t as focused on the effects on the four blogs, I started realizing that this message wasn’t just for others; it was for me, as well. As I prayerfully contemplated what God was trying to teach me, I realized that I follow lots of blog, too. Am I being a follower of bloggers or a follower of Jesus?

I have to be prayerful about this one. I am going to need to go through the different blogs I follow and change it, so that I am signing up to get the posts through my email. Then, I need to figure out who exactly I’m following and unfollow them. I truly hope that no one is offended, but I figure that if God has this on my heart, then it’s significant. I also have to pay attention to whether the blogs I was following are really ones that lead me into deeper relationship with Christ or they were just done as a courtesy to other bloggers who followed my posts.

This feels like a big endeavor, that might have negative ramifications on my blogs, but Jesus didn’t say that giving His life for our salvation was too big an endeavor and it might have negative ramifications on His followers. He gave His life freely, so I need to be willing to do what He wants of me. Unto thee it was shown that thou mightest know that the LORD He is God, there is none else beside Him. Deuteronomy 4:35

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: