Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Lord, I Want This, but Not That…

If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father’s commandments, and abide in His love. John 15:10 

God has been showing me a lot about my prayer lately. I thought it was fine, but have found out quite the otherwise. One of the latest things God has shown me is, I not only tell God what I want Him to do, but I tell Him what I don’t want Him to do, as well.

I find myself praying and saying things like, "Dear God, Please take care of this situation that I’m worried about by doing this and this. Please don’t do this and that." If I am totally trusting God to take care of these situations, it needs to be total trust in His omnipotent judgment, not with provisions.

I did this too many years as I attempted to lose my weight. I would ask God to “help me” lose my weight by doing this and this, but not by that. Well, I might lose a few pounds, but it never stayed off for long. I always gained more weight back than I started with, because I was missing the point. I’m turning to God for Him to take care of these problems. When I finally gave up trying to control my overeating, food, stress, and control, and told God He’d have to take care of it if He ever wanted me to be thin, God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds.

If God made this miraculous change in my life and my eating, don’t you think the things I pray for would be resolved much better if I didn’t ask God to do this, but not that and just trusted His judgment on how to best handle it? If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father’s commandments, and abide in His love. John 15:10  

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: