Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Handling Things Graciously…

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: Numbers 6:24-25

I was sitting in the dentist office when I overheard a grandmother talking to her grandchild. The child was telling about a situation where the teacher made a mistake. The grandmother looked at the young girl and asked her, “Did you handle it graciously?” The girl ignored her grandmother and continued to share her frustration about the teacher’s mistake. The grandmother again asked, “Did you handle it graciously?”

I was so impressed by the grandmother’s question and was saddened that I haven’t asked similar questions of the children in my life. I realized that asking this is a perfect opportunity to help them move to have the patient and tolerant attitude of a true Christian.

It wasn't long before I started asking myself the same questions. Did I handle situations graciously? When a relative told me that I looked like I had gained a few pounds, was I gracious about it instead of turning up my nose? When the cashier overcharged me, was I gracious about the error or impatient? When the telemarketer calls, am I gracious with this person who is just trying to earn enough money to feed their family or do I act abruptly to their intrusion and persistence?

Unfortunately, I haven’t responded graciously in these situations.  I was impressed when the grandmother was being a positive influence in the life of her grandchild. I didn’t realize that she was being a positive influence in my life, as well. I am now starting to ask myself if I'm handling situations graciously, so I can making changes to be more in keeping with what the Lord would want of me. The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: Numbers 6:24-25

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: