Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Learning to Like My Body the Way it Is…

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:44

This is not the body God gave me when I was born. I have taken that gift and distorted it by things it was never intended for. I have eaten mass amounts of food. I have used almost every diet known to man. I starved myself. I have indulged myself. My poor body has had to bear the brunt of all the abuse I have put it through for years.

Fortunately for me, God showed me there’s a better way! He showed me that I was turning to food when I was stressed, elated, and bored instead of turning to Him. Now, that I’m turning to God when I feel these things, food doesn't have the same hold on me that it used to, but what about my body?

It’s funny how we have this picture perfect idea of what our body will look like when we lose our weight. Now that may be reality for some, but it wasn't for me. Instead of the bulges I once had, I now have layers of droopy skin that used to be stretched out to hold all the excess weight. So, what am I to do?

I guess I could tone some of this up through exercise, but I doubt if my body is ever going to be picture perfect after years of abuse . I have hidden from my body for years by dressing in a room without a mirror. I have also hidden my body from others by wearing baggy clothes. What I haven’t tried is learning to like my body as it is in the same way that God loves me just the way I am.

I am turning my body image and my acceptance of my body over to God’s capable hands. He can heal me and my acceptance of my body as it is, the same way He healed my compulsive overeating. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:44

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Video: Ahlumba Ditched the Excuses and 65 pounds of Extra Weight- Weight Loss Success
By: Ahlumba Harris,  GPB The Weigh We Were TV, via You Tube


I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives