Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Fortunately for Me, God is Forgetful but Am I?

But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all My statues, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. Ezekiel 18:21-22

Fortunately for me, God is forgetful and doesn't bring up all my previous sins. Now, it’s not because of my righteousness, because I am a very sinful human being, but through Jesus sacrificing His life for me.

Every time I overeat, does God rub it in my face reminding me of how many times He’s shown me that I need to turn to Him to comfort my aching soul instead of turning to food? No, He is patient and forgives me over and over again, but do I do that?

I find that I have a tendency to bring up all my shortcomings and beat myself up with them.  The thought of one shortcoming leads to another and another. I’m not sure why I’m doing this when God has already forgiven me for these.

This last year has been spent on trying to focus on truly forgiving others regardless. This year, my focus needs to be on being more forgiving of my shortcomings. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all My statues, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. Ezekiel 18:21-22

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: