Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hungry in the Night...

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

I woke up hungry in the night. I thought about it for a while, trying to figure out what I was hungry for. Was I hungry for a special treat? Was I hungry for something I was craving? What caused my hunger in the night?

Fortunately, God showed me a long time ago that when I feel hungry and shouldn’t be, there is usually something else causing my hunger. I was asking the wrong questions, so I had to refocus and think about what was causing my hunger in the night. Was I worried about things out of my control? Unfortunately, that’s probably what caused it.

Being prayerful about this, I realized that when I wake up hungry in the night, I shouldn't eat something to calm my hunger pangs. Instead, I should hunger for the Word of the Lord. It calms me when I’m stressed and concerned about things out of my control. Reading the Bible reminds me that Christ loved me enough to give His life for me and will take care of me and my family, regardless of the situations that arise.

Next time I wake up hungry in the night, I need to pray or read the Bible rather than make a trip into the kitchen. Food doesn’t satisfy my soul, but the Lord does. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: