Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Learning to Like My Body the Way it Is…

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:44

This is not the body God gave me when I was born. I have taken that gift and distorted it by things it was never intended for. I have eaten mass amounts of food. I have used almost every diet known to man. I starved myself. I have indulged myself. My poor body has had to bear the brunt of all the abuse I have put it through for years.

Fortunately for me, God showed me there’s a better way! He showed me that I was turning to food when I was stressed, elated, and bored instead of turning to Him. Now, that I’m turning to God when I feel these things, food doesn't have the same hold on me that it used to, but what about my body?

It’s funny how we have this picture perfect idea of what our body will look like when we lose our weight. Now that may be reality for some, but it wasn't for me. Instead of the bulges I once had, I now have layers of droopy skin that used to be stretched out to hold all the excess weight. So, what am I to do?

I guess I could tone some of this up through exercise, but I doubt if my body is ever going to be picture perfect after years of abuse . I have hidden from my body for years by dressing in a room without a mirror. I have also hidden my body from others by wearing baggy clothes. What I haven’t tried is learning to like my body as it is in the same way that God loves me just the way I am.

I am turning my body image and my acceptance of my body over to God’s capable hands. He can heal me and my acceptance of my body as it is, the same way He healed my compulsive overeating. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:44

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: