Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How to Beat the Addiction to Sugar and Unhealthy Foods

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15: 11

Do I really know how to beat the addiction to sugar and unhealthy foods? Do I have some great little gimmick to sell? Do I have a special eating plan that will solve everything? Do you need special pills or special shots for this?

The answer to this is a lot simpler than you might think. Over 30 years ago I told God that I gave up, after having spent the majority of my life on diets. I told Him that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He’d have to take care of it, because I couldn’t. You know what? Christ took care of that and so much more.

Christ took away my urge for sweets and unhealthy foods.  I didn’t do anything special. I just prayed to Him to heal my food, body, eating, control issues, and stress each day and continue to pray this before I attempt to eat anything.

Christ has taken the cravings for sweets and unhealthy foods away. He has taken my urge to eat mounds of food to heal my aching soul. God has shown me that no amount of food can do that. Only He can! He has shown me that when I’m turning to food when I’m stressed, excited, or worried instead of turning to Him, I’m making food a false god. That’s not what I want.

There are no gimmicks. All I had to do was to turn my life over into God’s very capable hands. Christ saved me from my self-destructive patterns and can do the same for you. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15: 11

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: