Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Don't Have to Find Fault With Others in Order to Feel Better About Myself

 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

I went to a function with my husband. There was a woman of similar age at the function, who was very popular with the other guests, attractive, and very content with herself. When I got home, I found myself finding fault with her. I thought she was very taken with herself, etc.

Fortunately, God, who looks after me even when I don't want it, had the thought in my mind that I don't have to find fault with others in order to feel better about myself. What an eye opener! Having been overweight for so many years, I think I minimized the attributes of those who got much more positive attention, so that I didn't feel so badly about myself. With God at my side, regardless of my weight loss or not, I no longer have to do that to feel good about myself.

God frees me from the control food, money, the need for status, etc. used to have on me. Instead, He fills me with a peace that defies all description. So, here I am confessing my faults, because I don't want you to fall prey to the same insecurities as I have. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: